Produce A Highlight Video of Past Events-
If you are repeating a celebration, such as an annual gathering, a video of past events is a great way to display how much excitement people can expect. Using great visuals accompanied by catchy audio is a great way to drive up attendance.
Fun Photos of Past Events-
Part of event planning can include posting fun photos of past events on social media to promote your event. If possible, tag the people and let others comment and talk about how the past events have gone. This event planning method will have others looking forward to your next gathering, and new members excited to join.
Market Your Event with A Specific Hashtag-
It is surprising how many forget this step in their event planning. Using a universal hashtag to use across all social channels, should be included in everything. This hashtag should be included on each piece of collateral you create, including your email signature.
Create Visual Content of Your Behind the Scenes
You put a lot of work into pulling off a great event. With events, people will appreciate and enjoy a glimpse into the exciting and sometimes chaotic gestures you’ve had to use to put the event together. Share the challenges you have had to face and how you got through them to humanize yourself and make you more relatable.
Event Planning Should Include Creating A Facebook Page
Event planning should include creating a Facebook Event Page. Almost everyone logs into Facebook daily, so make it easier for them to keep up with your event news. Today, social gatherings and event plans change quickly. There is no better way for your guests to keep up to date on your event changes than following it on Facebook.
Create a Video Invitation on Instagram-
Instagram is becoming more and more popular and gives you an easy event planning strategy by directing messages through video. With Instagram, videos are useful. Especially if the person on the video will also be present at the event.
Choose the Right Social Media Platform –
– Depending on the audience you are targeting for your event; some social platforms may be more effective than others.
- Instagram will get the most engagement for image-filled social media
- Twitter will be best for posts and hashtags to build excitement during and before your event
- Snapchat appeals to younger audiences
- Facebook allows you to share event updates, create event pages, and engage with your followers. You can also use this platform to target your message to groups
- Linkedin is great for B2B and your industry networking. This platform is a professional social media platform used mainly for event announcements and company news
Event Planning Requires You Craft Your Content Carefully-
Lastly, make all your posts count. To get the most out of your engagements, you should include images in your posts, make the content engaging, conversational, and stay away from sounding salesy.